We’ve developed a new online payroll cost-saving calculator to help businesses understand if they are overpaying for their payroll.
If you’re overpaying to outsource your payroll, you’d like to know, right? So, our payroll experts have created an easy-to-use online calculator to help businesses ensure they’re getting value for money.
How much do businesses pay to outsource their payroll?
When it comes to outsourced payroll, many payroll providers have bespoke pricing – with several factors affecting the price such as:
- Number of employees
- Pension auto-enrolment processing
- Frequency of payroll
- Additional integrated services
The payroll fee varies between providers and can often decrease the more employees you have. So, if you have 300 employees, for example, some payroll providers could charge you £6 per employee per month, but if you have 30 employees, they may charge you £10 per employee per month.
It’s important to also consider any added extra costs for administering pension auto-enrolment or processing ad-hoc payments such as maternity pay or sick pay, for example. Also, be sure to check the terms and conditions regarding processing furlough payments or similar which had a huge impact on payroll providers in 2020.
Who’s liable for compliance with HMRC when you outsource payroll?
When outsourcing to a traditional payroll provider, you will find they will process your payroll for you, but your business will still be 100% liable for their work and compliance with HMRC. So, any errors leading to fines will still be billed to you.
This, however, isn’t the case with all payroll providers, so be sure to ask. At Growth Partners, we take on full responsibility for compliance with HMRC requirements, so all our clients outsource both processing and the liabilities to us.
What happens to pension auto-enrolment employer duties when you outsource payroll?
Most, if not all, payroll software has a pension auto-enrolment module to help payroll providers carry out the auto-enrolment assessment. However, like payroll, compliance with your pension auto-enrolment employer duties sit squarely with the employer even when the payroll provider you have outsourced your payroll to agrees to administer the duties on your behalf.
With Growth Partners, you won’t need to worry about compliance with your auto-enrolment employer duties again – our dedicated pensions team will take full ownership and responsibility for compliance with your auto-enrolment duties.
My finance team process payroll, why would I outsource my payroll?
Outsourcing payroll to a qualified and professional payroll service can reduce the costs and risks involved in payroll management. It also allows you to use your resource better – instead of processing payroll and keeping on top of complex payroll regulatory requirements and constant updates, your finance team is free to focus on business objectives and corporate goals.
How much do we charge for outsourced payroll services?
We charge a flat rate of £2 per employee, per week. This doesn’t change regardless of how many employees you have, or your payroll frequency. We also don’t want to bill our customers every time they ask for help, so one fee covers everything.
One fee covers everything
We provide an end-to-end service for payroll, pension and employee engagement services, so our flat-rate fee covers so much more than just outsourced payroll…
- A guarantee that all your employees are paid accurately, on time
- Full compliance with HMRC regulations
- 24/7 online access to pay documents for your employees
- All auto-enrolment administration – never worry about managing your employees’ pensions again
- We take on full responsibility for ensuring compliance with your auto-enrolment duties
- Our in-house pensions team handle all auto-enrolment communications and administration duties
- Financial wellbeing services for your employees including support and guidance for your employees on their workplace pensions
- Emotional wellbeing services including an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with access to professional, confidential counselling services in-person, online or by phone
- Physical wellbeing for your employees including 24/7 access to a GP
- The latest range of benefits and discounts for your employees to help make their wages go further.
- Unlimited phone and email advice from a dedicated HR law consultant
- Support to draft bespoke items of correspondence
- Review and preparation of contractual HR documentation
- On-site assistance in a crisis
- Tribunal preparation and representation
We give all our clients their own dedicated employee engagement manager to help
- Employee engagement consultancy strategy for employer/employees
- Ongoing support from a dedicated engagement specialist
- Employee engagement support payment designed to help you invest in your employee engagement activities
Get a quote
We know from research employees want easy access to their pay documents. Online access to pay slips, receiving pay earlier than payday, and an online chat to sort out pay issues are the most sought-after financial benefits.
77% of employees would use employee engagement services more if they were all in one place, like an app. With our all-in-one solution, your employees can access their pay, pension, and employee benefits all in one place.