March 17 marks exactly one year since we turned off the lights at our offices in Leicester’s Colton Square and set up our workstations at home.
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit the UK in March 2020, our priority was to protect staff and client services. With our roots firmly based in developing the latest technology, we knew we had the tools to continue to deliver from anywhere and provide a seamless service to our clients.
Paul Bresnihan, Group Chief Executive Officer, said:
“It’s been a tough time for everyone, and we have taken some time to reflect on what’s been an unprecedented year.
We, like all businesses, have learned a lot from this crisis, and I am truly thankful to all our staff who have each played their part.”
The infographic below takes a look back at some of the positives we have taken while working from home for a year during the pandemic.
A reflection on the positives since working remotely:
- 90,000 pay documents uploaded each month for clients through our payroll and pension services
- 50,000 employees now using our platforms to access their pay, pension, discounts and physical and emotional wellbeing services through our EAP
- 489 portals upgraded for our clients
- Customer service satisfaction levels increased by 4% to 93% during this time, which evidences the seamless transition to remote working
- Refocused our business with a new identity, website and app and realigned our people strategy
- Continued engagement with employees despite the distance with 1937 virtual team meet ups and four employee engagement events
- Mindful of the impact on our employees, we carried out 100 wellbeing sessions and arranged 20 pick-me-ups in the post
- Through continued communication throughout the business, we celebrated a proposal, eight house moves and welcomed two babies and four new pets to the team
- Working remotely, we adapted our learning, embracing more social and informal learning techniques
Want to learn more about us and our services?
Get in touch for a chat or arrange an online demo of our services – we’re working from home!